Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Love Affair with Beaches


Maya Bay, Krabi. October, 2008.

In my younger days (that would be the 80’s), our family had this bi-monthly sojourns  to the beach which I eagerly anticipated. The day comes and I’d be the first one ready to leave the house and the last one ready to leave the beach. So on most of the rides home, I’d still be in my soaked clothes because everyone couldn't be bothered to wait for me change. Those times heralded the beginning of this long standing, torrid love affair.


Now, way past my adolescence, I still feel the same thrill for every beach trip. I just feel so fortunate to have expanded my horizons (quite literally) and got to visit some of the best beaches in the world. 


Of course, I would have to start with Boracay. Definitely boasting one of the finest beaches there is, White Beach.

Boracay, June, 2007.


Second on my list is Phi Phi Island, Krabi in Thailand. Maya Bay was where they shot the “The Beach”. Undoubtedly, the island is a natural wonder.



A close third is Bali. There’s definitely nothing like a Balinese sunset. It’s almost a magical experience seeing one amid the playful waves.


Legian Beach, Bali. September, 2008.


I surely can’t count out Phuket. The island teems with life in all corners. You’ll never run out of things to do. Patong Beach prides itself as having one of the longest stretch of white sand in the Land of Smiles. 

This pursuit is definitely not over. I’m setting my heart on visiting these wonderful places one day and finally consummate the love affair. And because it's okay to dream... wait for me pristine beaches of Maldives, fabled beaches of The Bahamas, vivacious, legendary Ipanema Beach and action-packed Bondi Beach.


Finally,


Island wasted. Koh Samet, April, 2008.



2 comments:

MANDAYA MOORE: Ang bayot sa bukid said...

walang palawan?

Roy@Siam said...

haha well, honestly, I've never been there. I knew I forgot something on my wish list. Thanks for the reminder.

And thanks for dropping by. I do love your blog.

Be strong! a lot of people are hoping the best for you.